4.16.2008

redemption

the things i've left behind have left a multitude of stains
i've still got sinful blood that won't stop flowing through my veins
with nothing left to hold onto and nothing left to give
the only song i sing is one that wonders why i live

yet Redemption is flowing from Your side
You say You'll dry the tears i cry and i,
i wanna be with You
and my heart is beating faster inside
as i think of how Your love died
just because You wanna set me free

but Lord! i'm just a wayward child, i'm an undeserving soul
and i'm not sure i can take back all the things those lovers stole
and You say "My child, those things don't even mean a thing to Me.
the only thing I want to do is set your spirit free."

still, Redemption is flowing from Your side
as i continue asking why
I should even deserve to be here with You
the guilt, it longs to take my peace
but in You, i find my soul released
because Your heart is solely fixed on me.

so i wash my face, my hands, my all, in Your pure and holy blood
and Your joy, it rushes through me like an all-consuming flood
can i ever truly pay back all the things You've done in me?
Your salvation now means more than what it ever seemed to be

so Redemption is flowing from Your side
replacing all the tears i've cried and i,
i wanna be with You
for the first time in my life i feel
that Your grace is becoming real
and i will ever love You.

more than all i could ever need
more than anything to me
Your Redemption is the reason that i'm free

as i look back on my life, i see the things that could have been
and i smile, because my life could not have known a better end
Your truth sustains, Your love remains, Your heart has taken mine
and the love between You and me is the forever kind

and Redemption is flowing from Your side
as You pull back the clouds and split the sky and i
i'm running after You
the world grows dim and i fall to my face
and i can't think of a safer place
than in the arms of the One who saved my life.

No comments:

Blog Archive