5.28.2008

the music is pounding in my brain.

there's a lot of things
running a marathon in my mind
and i'm distracted
from the repetition of days

for the thoughts in my head
are much more interesting
than the mundane that
sits in front of me.

but the music is pounding
in my brain
and i can't ignore it
but i can't think straight.

it's just pounding itself
the patterns engraving themselves
into my cerebellum
and i can't get the music to stop.

constantly fighting the songs
in my head and i think
i might be going
clinically insane

because the music is pounding in my brain.
and at first i think it's a problem
but then i can't hear your criticism
can't hear your cynicism

and now i know it's more like a solution
i have a hard time getting focused
when there's music just gallavanting
around my brain cells,

but the music is pounding in my brain
and i'm all alone inside myself.

and i'm free for the first time.

No comments:

Blog Archive