6.17.2008

broken only to be mended.

can't everyone just leave me alone for just one minute?

i have a life to figure out too.
i just want 5 minutes to myself! i just need
to find some kind of solace
some kind of comfort

when divinity seems to disappear.
don't get me wrong, it rained today,
and i smiled every moment there were
raindrops falling,

but sometimes it's not enough.
i just want You to split the sky
and come get me.

rip me out of this fleshly prison
and let me fly to You
let me come in Your lap
as You squeeze me tight and say

"welcome, beloved."

can i cry in Your arms?
would i even be disappointed anymore?
would there be sadness,
or would you take it and in its place,
give me unspeakable joy?

can't You do that right now?
the pain of facing my fears
and facing the things i hid from myself
is much too much to bear alone.
i can't stand up under it.

so come, Lord, and deliver me
from the prison i handcrafted.
can i just have a minute, everyone?
i'm kind of falling apart again.

1 comment:

leanna said...

i love reading your blog because i always, always connect to what you say.

quit reading my mind.

you don't really have to click all these lame links to my blogs that you always remind me of, but if you feel so obliged, this of yours reminds me of one of mine as well. though mine is not so eloquent. in fact is not eloquent at all. it's kind of mean. but it's honest.

Blog Archive