6.22.2008

second thessalonians 3:3

"but the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one."

my world has come to a screeching halt.
i came to visit friends in dallas to take a weekend off of work,
and my car broke down.
now, in order to get home, i have to use the money i've earned thus far to pay for my school bill
to fix something i didn't even know was broken.

my family is going their separate ways for a few weeks
my best friend is going to south america for a month
my other best friend isn't here with me, she's in freaking michigan
and everything should be falling apart at the seams.

but this verse has echoed in my head.
when people tell me i should be freaking out...
i just say yeah. but god is faithful.
because he is. how can i seriously doubt that
He can come through when he literally saved my life?!

there is nothing left to hold onto in this world
that will stand
but Christ alone.
there's nothing more that i desire
than to cling to His hand.

(thanks, oprah, but i'll make the "pathetic error" of clinging to the old rugged cross)

for there is something about His name
that calms my fears
and puts my soul at ease.

how can i ignore this peace that i've found?

No comments:

Blog Archive