2.26.2008

everything is going to be alright.

that's what he's whispering in my ear. my love for the applause and the desire of man is slowly fading, and my heart is starting to beat in time with is...for the first time in a long while. i'm feeling this love creeping up and tickling its way up my back, over my head, to the tips of my toes...i'm drenched in his presence, and there's nothing i can do about it...besides glorify him.

i don't know what changed, and i don't know when it changed, and i don't know why it changed...but i just want god. i don't need a husband for the rest of my life if he's going to take away from the intimacy and intensity i have with my heavenly lover. there's this...overwhelming passion for his heartbeat, there's this intensifying desire to know him and be known by him. "a fire shut up in my bones", as some would have it. and this is my driving force: to glorify god and to please him. and i don't sing on that stage to bring glory to myself anymore; i sing on that stage to point to the one who deserves all the glory, honor, and praise. i humble myself in the presence of the almighty king and i realize my place in this earth and in heaven. as he is my king, i follow his decrees and live by his commands and not mankind's, not the standards that a faulty human being has set up for me.

i love my king.

No comments:

Blog Archive