3.19.2008

i'm not going to allow it.

fighting insecurity is a very ugly thing.

but i'm doing it right now. all these beautiful girls, all these talented people, all these inspiring souls....bubbling with creativity and passion and beauty. and here i sit, wondering where i fit in this mess, if i even fit at all.

i'm having a jonah moment. i just want to run the other way because i feel inadequate. and i know part of that is because i don't have a human affirming that in me. and i know it's easy to say "well, she should be finding her solace and security in god." and that just shows me that you haven't been where i'm at in a long long time. it's not easy to trust a voice in your head from a god that you can't see. and so i sit here, trying to muster up the strength to pretend like it's alright, like i don't feel like i'll never measure up, and even more so...i'm fighting for all i'm worth. i'm going to give my 3,000% to get out of this rut. i just want to give my all. i just want to be enough, not only for god, but for a person. is that such a crime?

just tell me you love me and i'll leave you alone.

2 comments:

Fareshteh said...

this is...your favorite employee!
i can't believe i'm leaving someone a comment on here, but you're worth it. :)

you are so special to me, jessica. sometimes i wish you knew your talent and beauty so that you'd never feel like you're not good enough. but other times i think that if you did realize how talented and beautiful you are, it'd be pretty hard to stay humble. i try my hardest to let you know how much i appreciate you. i've always tried my hardest, but i think i've been failing in that lately. or at least that's what it sounds like from this blog. you definitely deserve to know how amazing you are, jessica! i love you.

Barbie said...

I LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH!! You are an AMAZING woman of God and I am so proud to know YOU. Seriously, you bless me!

Blog Archive