5.18.2008

restless.

sitting here
poised before the computer
with a cup of (decaf) coffee
and my ipod singing to me

feeling more loved than ever before
knowing that i have to be up early
excited because i love john mayer (on my ipod)
and ready to be home

but i cannot sleep.

i wonder why i'm restless.
it's not like there's anything wrong
or like my life is falling down the drain
in fact, things couldn't be better at the moment.

but i cannot sleep.

i'm not scared or anything
i tried lying in bed for a while
but to no avail.
i even tried reading till i dozed off.

but i cannot sleep.

and i don't get why i'm restless.
maybe it's because i miss him.
a lot. more than i can probably explain.
just a moment ago,
i caught a hint of his cologne on my shirt

and i frantically started trying to find
where it was coming from.
i thought (in my wildest dreams)
maybe he's here.

...and he wasn't.

and i cannot sleep.

No comments:

Blog Archive