3.03.2008

to god be the glory!

knees knocking, hands shaking
my mind is running mad and my body is quaking
i’m not sure i can do this, never been so dependent
it’s gonna take a miracle to be able to finish standing.

the notes escape my lips, my heart is racing
my breath is shallow and my insides are aching
i know He’s gonna see me through it
but it’s gonna take a miracle to be able to keep singing.

in sickness and in health is my vow as the bride
even in my weakest hours, in Him i claim to abide
so i get up on this platform, trying to bring him the glory
and it’s gonna be a miracle if i finish this alive.

i’m singing praises despite the enemy’s attempt
at least i’m walking in the Lord, if even with a limp
and i’m trying to give Him all i have, even if it's my lifeline
and it’s gonna be a miracle for me to take the win.

and the music is fading the song is over
and the Lord seems to feel just a little bit closer
i’m right at the finish line, i’m so glad that i won
and i can see that it’s a miracle that i’ve still got more.

so i look back on this moment, i’m going crazy
because the grace of the lord amazes me
i was down and out, i was on my last leg
but He gave me a miracle, and so i’m going to sing.

No comments:

Blog Archive